The resources below are used with kind permission from the London and SE CYP IAPT Collaborative and follow a set of principles:
Accountability, outcomes monitoring and data
- CORC: Using outcome and experience measures remotely.
- CORC Measures for download and guidance around all things outcomes
- CORC: Questionnaires you can fill in electronically.
- Goals and goal based outcomes (2013) brief guide co-authored by Duncan Law
- Guide to Using Outcomes and Feedback Tools with Children, Young People and Families (2014) Co-Edited by Duncan Law
- Using measures with young people (2014) presentation by Kate Martin + Amy Feltham Common Room
- Using CYP IAPT feedback and outcome forms to aid clinical practice (2015) provides advice and support for using feedback and outcome forms in clinical practice co-created by Duncan Law
- CYP IAPT LD ROMS Guidance (2015) guideline developed with input from the collaboratives learning disabilities implementation group
- Would likes – Must haves (2015) a data collection system functionality wish list collated from attendees of the collaborative Data Meeting
- Ideas for using CYP IAPT Dashboards (2016) intended to be read alongside the CORC data, with explanations of the data, suggested questions that could be thought about within team discussions, relevant quality indicators and links to useful resources.
- Using measures training by MindEd
- HSCIC Mental health updates and MHSDS reports
- CORC norms and reliable change criteria spreadsheet
- Recommendations & Guidance for Looked After Childrens Services Key Considerations and Outcome Measurement in Therapeutic Work & Consultation (v1 2017) guidance developed by the collaboratives’ Looked After Children implementation group
- Top data Tips for Assistants developed by the collaboratives’ Assistants group
- Recommendations for using outcome measures useful document from CORC all about outcome measures
- Using Clinical Outcomes for Service Improvement v1.0 Guide developed with Healthy London Partnership and input from CYP IAPT data meeting attendees
- Ensuring Equality of Access training from MinEd
- Youth Wellbeing website – service finder for young people
- Various profiling tools are available from Public Health England to check local data specific to health and wellbing of children and young people, vulnerable groups, early years and a range of other data
- My CAMHS choices – created by young people with experience of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: A guide for Clinicians working in Children and Young People’s mental health and emotional wellbeing settings guide developed by the collaborative
- Evidence Based Practice training on the MindEd Website
- Social and emotional wellbeing for children and young people overview– NICE Pathways for Social and emotional wellbeing for children and young people
- Cochrane – evidence reviews
- Early Intervention Foundation – ‘What Works’ in early intervention evidence reviews
Policy, reports and guidance
- Delivering With and Delivering Well (2014) values and standards for CYP IAPT
- What good looks like in psychological services for children, young people and their families (2015) special edition of The Child & Family Clinical Psychology Review co-authored by Duncan Law
- Future in mind (2015) Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Taskforce document setting out recommendations for improving CYP mental health and services
- The Five Year Forward View For Mental Health (2016) National all ages strategy created by the Mental Health Taskforce
- A Brief guide to the Mental Health Taskforce Five Year Forward View Report produced by the collaborative projects team
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health: State of the Nation (2016) first report by independent think tank CentreForum exploring progress since Future in Mind
- Priorities for mental health: Economic report for the NHS England Mental Health Taskforce (2016) nine areas for service improvement where there is good evidence of cost-effective interventions that are not currently available widely.
- Looked after children’s health: key official guidance documents (2016)
- Children’s Commissioner Lightning Review (2016) report about access to CAMHS services
- Missed opportunities -A review of recent evidence into children and young people’s mental health (2016) Centre for Mental Health Report
- Children and young people’s mental health – policy, services, funding and education (2016) – House of Commons Library briefing on children and young people’s mental health policy and services.
- Better Mental Health For All – A public health approach to mental health improvement (2016)
- Transforming mental health services for children who have experienced abuse – summarises the NSPCC’s LTP analysis
- Implementing the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health – Implementation plan for the Five Year Forward View for mental health
- QNCC Eating Disorder standards
- Standards for Community-Based Mental Health Services – Royal College of Psychiatrists standards for quality care.
- Implementation Research: A Synthesis of the Literature (2005)
- The new era of thinking and practice in change and transformation (2014) learning from trends in change in different industries to apply to health and care, and ideas for service transformation
- A Step By Step Guide to Implementing CYP IAPT
- Comprehensive CAMHS Integrated Workforce Planning Tool – including Self Assessed Skills Audit Tool (SASAT)