Introduction to Participation
The Children and Young People’s Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (CYP-IAPT) programme is about transforming child and adolescent mental health services to make them better for young people and their families. An essential part of this is ensuring that young people and families are involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of services.
What are we currently working on at the Community of Practice
- Building the evidence base for Participation.
- Sharing best practice across the South West and nationally
- Supporting services to embed Participation practices through support meetings, the Participation Leads meeting and bespoke training opportunities.
- Increasing Participation at a regional level, through the Youth Board and our quarterly meeting for partner services.
- Working with Young Devon and services across the region to offer accredited participation training for young people.
How can I get involved?
Join our network meetings
There are regular meetings for participation leads to share best practice, discuss challenges and organise events and training. Please contact the Participation team for details of the next meeting.
All staff who complete the CYP IAPT training programmes undertake modules in participation and shared decision-making. If you have completed this, join your local CYP IAPT steering group to share practice and ideas with other services around embedding participation, and request consultation from your CYP IAPT Clinical Leads by contacting us here.
Monthly good practice showcase
Participation Celebration Event
In October 2021, we delivered an event to celebrate the amazing amount of high quality participation and engagement that had taken place in the previous year. It was a day for young people and parent carers to share their stories, successes, and challenges. Thank you to all who attended both online and in person.
At the event, Young Devon shared a video of Meg talking about how she got involved in Participation work.
Do you have examples of best practice that you would like to share as part of our monthly showcase? Please email us.