CYP Staff Retention and Attrition: An Evaluation Project
About the project
This 12-month evaluation project aims to develop an understanding of the key factors that contribute to attrition of newly qualified trainees, successful trainee retention, and likelihood of role fidelity. The project aims to answer key questions, such as:
- What are the primary factors contributing to staff attrition?
- How can staff retention be supported and attrition reduced?
- How can systems be supported to improve staff retention and role fidelity?
- How can services and systems collaborate to improve staff retention and team development?
- What additional guidance, functions and processes might support recruitment and retention?
The project started in October 2022 and will end in October 2023.
We aim to gather a broad range of views from CYP mental health commissioners, service leads, team leaders, clinicians, graduates of our CYP clinical training programmes, as well as current trainees.
If you have been involved in our CYP clinical training programmes (CYP IAPT Recruit to Train, CWP and EMHP) it would be great to hear from you.
If you sign up to take part, you will be sent up to three surveys designed to gather a broad range of views, experiences and practices around staff retention and role sustainability. Each survey will last as little as 5 minutes.
Your participation in the each survey is entirely voluntary.
As a thank you for taking part, you can enter a free prize draw to win one of three £100 vouchers for Amazon or John Lewis.
To find out more, please contact the project team at:
To register your interest in taking part, please fill out the form below.