What is the South West Learning collaborative?
The South West Learning Collaborative is a collaboration between The University of Exeter Clinical Education Development and Research (CEDAR) department and over 20 service providers of young people’s mental health service providers across the south west from the NHS, Local Authority, and Voluntary and Community organisations.
It’s one of five Learning Collaboratives across England that are part of the CYP IAPT country-wide transformation programme. The programme will include 100% of services by 2018.
The collaborative is hosted by the University of Exeter CEDAR department as the Higher Education Institution that delivers the training and outreach support across the transformation programme. The programme receives funding from NHS England (NHSE) and Health Education England (HEE). The collaborative seeks to improve services through delivering evidence based practice, improved collaboration across services, authentic participation with young people and parents and carers, and meaningful use of feedback and clinical outcome measures.
Members of the collaborative get access to:
- Whole team and individual training (including postgraduate training) which are consistently updated to reflect practitioner feedback and research developments.
- Consultation for service leaders, supervisors and practitioners
- Best practice, implementation and service improvement workshops
- Input to local commissioners on transformation planning and implementation
- Feedback on service outcome data to track developments over time within service, and engagement compared to other partners across the collaborative.
We are grateful to the London and SE collaborative for enabling us to share resources to support commissioners in the transformation process. These resources are aimed at anyone involved in the commissioning of children and young people’s mental health services across the NHS, Local Authority, or voluntary sectors.
They are particularly useful to members of:
- Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Clinical Commissioning Group (CCGs)
- Strategic Clinical Networks
- Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs)
- Local Healthwatch Boards
As a collaborative, we are particularly keen to support our providers’ service development, and work alongside commissioners to support the commissioning process. If you would like to know more about the collaborative, you can contact Dr Fin Williams, CYP IAPT programme manager on 07717362119 or F.email@example.com. You can also speak with our Clinical Leads about the work of the collaborative alongside provider services: Corinne Foy on 07825027641 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Jonathan Parker, Clinical Lead for the Child Wellbeing Practitioner workforce on 07717361735 or J.email@example.com.
Tools for commissioners
CYP IAPT Service Transformation Guide
SW Collaborative Terms Of Reference