“We always hope for the easy fix: the one simple change that will erase a problem in a stroke. But few things in life work this way. Instead, success requires making a hundred small steps go right – one after the other…. everyone pitching in.”
Atul Gawande, Better: A Surgeon’s Notes on Performance (2008)
Sustainable service development sits at the heart of the CYP-IAPT programme and, as the name would suggest, is a collaborative process drawing from the broad and exciting range of organisations that, together, form the South West CYP-IAPT Community of Practice.
Services within the CoP all contribute to steering groups, the CYP-IAPT SW programme board and the development of the CYP-IAPT training programmes. This provides valuable opportunities to bring services together and create an environment for shared learning and examples of good practice.
The University of Exeter operates a wide-ranging support structure to assist with the promotion and facilitation of sustainable service development:
- Consultation: Our CYP IAPT Clinical Lead is Corinne Foy (email@example.com), and the CWP Clinical Lead is Jonathan Parker (J.Parker5@exeter.ac.uk). Their role is to support you in embedding training and service development.The Clinical Leads are supported by Project Managers who provide additional operational support to services.
- Workshops: If you are having specific difficulties in embedding any of the CYP IAPT principles and practices, our Clinical Leads can set a date with you to come and work with your staff team to help move things forward
- Outreach training: If you are new to our service, or you’ve never received our outreach training, we provide 4 days of training for your staff team to support you to embed all of the CYP IAPT principles and practices, as well as day for managers to support workforce development. subscribe to the calendar to find more information and detailed flyers on the forthcoming outreach training.
- Outreach supervision training: As a new service provider, even before your staff come on our rigorous supervision training, we will support your staff who are in supervisory roles, to embed the CYP IAPT principles in their day to day supervisory practice – helping with development across all levels of your workforce.
- Leadership training: As part of the CYP-IAPT training portfolio delivered by the University of Exeter, the Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership and Service Transformation provides a platform for current and emerging leaders to develop their leadership and service development skills. The training provides a comprehensive programme to support the innovation, implementation and sustainability of a service development project and offers valuable opportunity to reflect grow effective leadership approaches to support sustainable service transformation.
- CWP steering groups:There are a number of local and regional steering groups set up across the collaborative to help share best practice and overcome challenges. Each local partnership operates a regular local steering group to support the development and implementation of the core CYP-IAPT principles. Alongside this, the project specific steering groups associated with providing support for our new Child Wellbeing Practitioners meets locally and regionally. Subscribe to the Calendar to check the dates on the forthcoming steering groups.
Thinking about joining the Community?
If you are interested in joining the Community, please contact Corinne or Jonathan (clinical leads contacts above) or fill out our expression of interest form and we will get in touch to talk thought the process further.