In 2016 the University of Exeter successfully bid for funding to scope development of a training programme for CYP Inpatient Units. These units provide treatment and residential care for children and young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties.
Through this funding our programme lead Hannah Sherbersky helped to develop the national curriculum for CYP Inpatient Training, and we led a pilot programme of training in 2018.
The pilot training covered:
- 10 days per cohort
- 3 cohorts
- 4 inpatient units in the southwest
- Multidisciplinary teams (including psychologists, mental health nurses, managers and family therapists among others).
We are now in the process of recruiting for cohorts 4 and 5, to be run in autumn 2019 and at the beginning of 2020.
If you would like to know more about the Inpatient Training then you can:
- Contact the team or the programme lead Hannah
- Read this blog about a parent’s experience of inpatient care by Debbie Frances
- Click on the image below to take a look at the slides from our Inpatient Celebration Day earlier this year: