SPRING 2020 LEADERSHIP CPD TRAINING
Starts 10 March 2020
Length: 5 days (between March-May 2020)
Time: 09:30 – 16:30
Location: Washington Singer, University of Exeter, EX4 4QG
Primary audience: Current and emerging CYP mental health service leads
About this Course
Following on from the successful Leadership CPD workshops we ran in Autumn 2019, we are pleased to announce we will be running an additional four sets of five-day workshops throughout 2020. The workshops will facilitate opportunity to explore the current national and regional context of CYP Mental Health, consider opportunities for service development and plan for managing change and workforce priorities. Within this, it will provide space to reflect on approaches to leadership and the role it plays within effective service transformation. Over the course of the workshops, participants will be encouraged to develop an outline plan for a service development project which will be reviewed and discussed during an action learning set as part of the final day’s workshop.
There will be 20 spaces available for each set of 5-day workshops. We would encourage any current or emerging service leads from our participating services to register for a place.
Programme and Dates
Dates and topics will be the following. Please note you must be able to attend all 5 days:
Tuesday 10th March – CYP Outcome Informed Practice, Mental Health Context and Commissioning
Friday 20th March – Leadership Models and Working across Systems
Thursday 23rd April – Strategic Thinking and Service Development
Friday 24th April – Managing Change and Building Resilience
Friday 15th May – Workforce Planning and Into Action
- Dr. Ann York | Clinical Lead, SE Clinical Network / Clinical Advisor, Healthy London Partnership / National Professional Advisor CYPMH, Care Quality Commission / Clinical Lead, SW CYP IAPT Collaborative / CAPA Co-founder and trainer
- Nicola Buckingham | Clinical Psychologist / Leadership and Organisational Development Consultant / Coach / Academic Tutor
- Judy Oliver | Founder & Managing Director of Oliver and Company (UK) Ltd, Specialising in Leadership and Organisation Development / Thinking Environment/Transitions Consultant
- Dr. Ben Smith | Clinical Psychologist / Clinical Lead – CAMHS Transformation / Leadership and Organisational Development Consultant
- Jonathan Parker | Clinical Lead SW CYP IAPT Collaborative (CWP) / HEI Project Lead, EMHP South
All teaching for this course will take place at the Washington Singer Building at the University of Exeter (see map above). Once you have registered for the course we will send you further information including timings for the days and room details.
For services in the East of the region please note there will be additional workshops later in the year which will be based in Bristol.